Sunday 4 June 2017

Birthday card

We've had a long weekend here with very wintry weather, but that hasn't stopped us getting out and about, and also it's given me time to make cards.

The Muse challenge this week was to pick one of Ardyth's cards and use it as your muse ... took me a long time to narrow down the choice because there were so many great cards to choose from.

Finally I chose this card from a Muse challenge back in January.  I loved the clean lines and sharpness of the circle and dots. And the bold, red flower and green leaves contrasting with the black and white.


I had so many ideas for how I was going to interpret it, but the end result landed quite far from where I started.


I masked a circle, stamped musical notes and added perfect pearls. Then I popped it on a scalloped circle and coloured a couple of honeysuckle flowers from an old Chocolate Baroque set. I used foam tape to lift the top flower slightly. The sentiment is from another old Chocolate Baroque set.

When I look at both cards together I can see where mine got its looks from 😊

It's the end of our weekend now - Monday evening - and I hope to finish another couple of cards I have started. I may even manage 2 blog posts in one week rather than my once every couple of weeks efforts of late.
So I'll load this up to the Muse challenge & go & cook dinner.
Cheers, Dianne



2 comments:

  1. I do love music - so clever to use the notes as your 'polka dot' element! This is so pretty and summery! Thanks so much for joining us at my birthday party at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty take on Ardyth's card.
    The shimmer is so beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete