Tuesday 6 June 2017

A Neapolitan bear

Hi there,
NZ has just had it's Queen's Birthday weekend so I got a bit of card-making done (yay) and for the first time in ages I was able to come-up-with, and execute, something for the current Less is More challenge before the cut off time.

The challenge is  Neapolitan (so chocolate, strawberry & vanilla, or, in colours - brown, pink & cream). Such a fun challenge - we used to sometimes have tubs of Neapolitan ice cream when I was a kid.

I even managed to base mine on a craft card blank. Craft card is something I have had no great success with in the past - but it works ok with this card.
The little bear is from a Craft Stamper magazine and I coloured her/him with copics. I picked up a border punch in the Queen's Birthday sales and threaded a thin strip of pink card though it. The sentiment is one a from a small Hero Arts set from long ago -  and that was it really ... normally I suspect I overthink these things, but it all fell into place for this little brown bear.

I liked the oval cameo so much that I made another card for my daughter - she's about to start her first varsity exams & we've sent her a small fun parcel (hopefully she's too busy studying to read this blog for a couple of days). 

She's keen on cats. The card base is navy but it's hard to tell in the photo. Anyway he was fun to colour and put together and will hopefully make her smile.

Anyway the cat is just for fun and I will enter the Neapolitan bear into the current Less is More challenge.
Cheers, Dianne


3 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Dianne. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful cards Dianne. The sweet little bear is just adorable and your use of Kraft coloured card for the base is so refreshing. Brilliant layout on that one. Your colouring skills are super too. Bet your daughter will love the card that is headed her way. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete