I decided I wanted something jewel-like as my theme so I looked up turquoise on Google images and found some geat pictues of pieces of turquoise.
To create the same impression I coloured plain card with copic markers (BG13 & BG05). I coloured the whole surface alternately at least three or four times (they probably produce a pen that would be the perfect colour - but I don't own it) then I used my handy crackle stamp and stamped over it using black memento ink.
I die cut two hearts and clear embossed them to give a nice shine. I
chose a textured cream coloured card to create a contrast with the shiny hearts. I embossed the sentiment (which I wish I had got a little neater - but next time will be better).
I felt it needed a little more so I took a narrow border off the front of the card and ran a strip of the turquise card down the side.
I feel really pleased with how this turned out (except for my embossing on the words).
This will be my last piece of crafting for the week I think.
I have a science assignment to hand in on Thursday. Lewis and I had fun with a kinex Trebouchet in the weekend and now I have to write up my results and establish my conclusions etc. So I'm really pleased I have such a productive period of crafting beforehand.
thanks for reading