Friday 14 March 2014

Eleanor's birthday Card

Recently I bought some beautiful Chocolate Baroque stamps (the Macintosh sets).
From England to here is a long way so I had to wait for a little while (not too long) and while I was waiting I spent quite a bit of time on the Chocolate Baroque design team's blog admiring the cards they were making using these stamps.

When the stamps arrived it was close to Eleanor's birthday & she really liked the the lady from the Macintosh beauty stamp and the CB designers had made some lovely cards with her - the vellum bride was her favourite, so I based my design on it with a few variations.


 I used tracing paper instead of vellum (I know I have some somewhere, but can't find it) and I used my chalks to colour her and added some stickles to the flowers. So I didn't emboss it and I didn't need to colour the reverse.



I tried using my copic pens but the image seemed too bright and I had trouble blending them - so I put that one aside.

The card itself is very dark purple that I have in my stash, as is the paler card that I versamarked with one of the rose stamps from the set. I glued the tracing paper into place, so the little purple gems are there to hide any traces of glue.

I was pleased with how it came out and Eleanor thought it was lovely, so all up pretty successful.

I have to do a quick rave here - the Chocolate Baroque stamps are really great to work with  - this is the second time I have bought their stamps and they are so detailed and beautiful, I feel like it is a head start just having them.

1 comment: